The beginning of documented history (1580-1820)

The first historical records of Cascina Simonetto date from late Sixteenth century.
From a document dated 1557 we know that the property belonged to Nazario Fornero (1580-1590) founder of a long lineage that lasted nearly a century.
More than a hundred years later from a deed dated 1705, we know that the property was bought by Giovanni Battista Garrone, "surgeon of the Royal Academyof Turin" and up until 1721 "the house of his Majesty."